A profound disturbance of the body’s heat regulating mechanism caused by prolonged exposure to excessive heat from the SunStroke , particularly when there is little or no circulation of air.
The temperature may rise as high as 42 -44 degree C.
CAUSES OF SUNSTROKE
- to excessive heat: Hot weather conditions without drinking fluids.
- Exposure Exercising excessively.
- Too much sweating.
- Heavy clothes.
- Use of antihistamine drugs, use of psychoactive drugs.
- In patients with:
- Chronic alcoholism
- Chronic heart disease
- Old age
- Diabetic patients
- High temperature.(42-44 degree C.
- Rapid shallow breathing.
- Loss of consciousness.
- Loss of sweating.
- Low blood pressure.
- Fatigue and weakness.
- Diarrhea, nausea and vomiting .
- Hot, red and dry skin.
HOMEOPATHY FOR SUNSTROKE
Homeopathic treatment is effective in stabilizing an individual, affected by sunstroke and its effects at various stages of heat exposure. A homeopath will prescribe the medicines based on the cause or etiology of the disease or clinical condition.
Here are a few Homeopathic remedies that help in balancing the patient’s body temperature and thus, reducing the intensity of symptoms:
Top 5 Homeopathic remedies for Sunstroke:
- This is the first indicated remedy for sunstroke.
- Indicated in “Congestive headache”; hyperaemia of the brain from excess of heat or cold.
- Head feels enormously large as if the skull were too small for the brain ; Sun stroke and Sun headache increases and decreases every day with the sun.
Also indicated in head troubles from walking in the sun, cannot bear heat about the head, heat of stove ; also complaints from working under gas light.
2. NATRUM CARBONICUM:
- When the patient is chronically affected by heat and sunstroke.
- The patient is debilitated as a result of heat exposure.
- Headache is worse from the slightest mental effort.
- There is great debility.
- The patient is unable to think, confused after summer heat.
Also, there may be weak digestion by slightest effort of diet, dyspepsia that commonly occurs in the summer season.
- Congestion in every part after sun exposure leading to sudden and violent symptoms.
- There will be a throbbing type of pain, particularly on the right side.
- Skin appears red with flushing of heat and blood with high fever.
- Congestion in head, face, eyes, even in brain and meninges.
4. ACONITUM NAPELLUS:
- There are sudden effects of sun- stroke as :
- Sudden rise of temperature.
- Full, heavy, bursting sensation in head.
- Face becomes red and hot.
- Unquenchable thirst for cold water.
- Restless, anxious and fearful.
5. VERATRUM VIRIDE:
- With effects of sun stroke, the patient may have hypotension with a soft and weak pulse.
- Hot head , throbbing pain with blood- shot eyes.
- Vertigo, nausea and vomiting after the smallest quantity of food and drinks.
- Profuse diarrhea, hyperthermia in evening and hypothermia in morning.
- Person becomes quarrelsome and delirious.
- Congestion of lungs, difficulty breathing even pneumonia.