On 30/07/2019, Cabinet Secretariat Government of India announced Job notification to hire candidates who completed Any Graduate, Diploma for the position of Interpreter.
Vacancy 1 : Interpreter
Qualification : Any Graduate, Diploma
Vacancies : 11 Posts
Salary : Rs. 47,600/-Per Month
Experience : Fresher
Job Location : New Delhi
Last Date to Apply : 09/08/2019
Other Qualification Details :
Applications are invited for direct recruitment to the post of Interpreter in the following Foreign Languages in a Govemment of India organization :
- Educational Qualification : Bachelor’s degree in Foreign Language (Persian, Arabic, Pushto, Chinese and Korean) from a recognized University or Institution or a Bachelor’s degree with diploma in Foreign Language (Persian, Arabic, Pushto, Chinese and Korean) from a recognized University or Institution.
- Minimum Experience : High degree of proficiency in English with competence to translate from Foreign Language (Persian. Arabic, Pushto, Chinese and Korean) into English and Vice-Versa.
- Foreign Language : Persian, Arabic, Pushto, Chinese, Korean.
- NOTE : Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes who are also covered under any other clauses of para 3 above, viz. those coming under the category of Ex-servicemen, persons domiciled in the State of J&K and Central Government Employees will be eligible for grant of cumulative age relaxation under both the categories.
- Eligible candidates may forward their applications in the given proforma with self-attested copies of certificates and mark-sheets in support of educational qualification/experience/date of birth etc. from Matriculation onwards, recent passport size photograph (also self-attested) and copies of SCIST/OBC certificates, if applicable, at the address mentioned in para 20.
Age : 30 Yrs
- Medical standard of the candidates would be as per the Central Government Guidelines are applicable to Group ‘B’ posts.
- The organization will not be responsible for late/nonreceipt of call-letters for written examination/viva-VOC interview due to delay in the postal channel.
- The employment carries with it the All India transfer liability.
- Only selected candidates would be informed of their selection in due course after the selection process and no correspondence on the subject would be entertained.
- Success in the selection process confers no right of appointment unless Government is satisfied after such inquiry as may be considered necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects of appointment to the service/post. The candidates applying for the selection process should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions. Their admission at all stages of the selection process will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If, on verification, at any time before or after the selection, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the selection process will be canceled.
Selection Procedure :
The selection for direct recruitment to the post is prescribed to be made on the basis of written examination, viva-voce and Interview. The written examination consists of a single paper of 2 1/2 hours duration carrying 100 marks to test the knowledge of the candidates in the Foreign language having the following components i) Translation of two passages from Foreign language to English and vice-versa (25×2=50 marks) ii) Essay of 600-800 words (25 marks) iii) Grammar (25 marks). Viva-voce and interview will be of 50 marks each respectively. The viva-voce would be in two parts each worth 25 marks comprising of i) Listening to a recording/video & then translate/answering comprehension questions ii) Conversational ability.
How to Apply :
- The envelope containing application should be clearly superscribed as ‘APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF INTERPRETER (name of language) and addressed to Post Bag No. 001, Lodhi Road Head Post Office, New Delhi- 110003″. The application should be sent by ordinary post only.
- The last date for receipt of application is 09.09.2019 (i.e. 45 days from the date of publication of the advertisement in Employment News/Rozgar Samachar) for all candidates including candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu, and Kashmir, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep.
- Incomplete, unsigned and applications not accompanied by self-attested copies of educational qualifications, experience, caste certificate & photograph or received after the last date will not be entertained. The Cabinet Secretariat reserves the right to cancel or withdraw the recruitment process at any stage without assigning any reason.